Friday 27 June 2014

Are We Ready?

Alhamdhulilah.  I had made the niyah (intention) to get all the necessary preparations done before Ramadan starts earalier. And as I had hoped and prayed for, all the work has been done.

The house is really in order – all the cupboards, and compartments that are usually re-arranged and cleaned up at this time of the year are in check. All our overgrown clothes that were still in great condition have been packed and given away to others who need it more. We packed some to India and gave some away here. The same with all the other additional things in the house. Alhamdhulilah, that Allah (S.W.T) brought us to find people who will make good use of these stuff and benefit, In-Shaa-Allah.

Alhamdhulilah, and thank you, Ya Rabb, for giving me the time and space to be a more prepared for Ramadan this year. And many thanks and duas for many sisters who have shared their experiences in their blogs (Sister Umm Salihah is inevitably one of them). I hope preparing for Ramadan gets better and better each year for everyone.

Spiritually, I had hoped very much to have memorised some specific duas in the Quran. I have accomplished about half of my targets set. Alhamdhulilah. I will continue into Ramadan, In-Shaa-Allah. I have also signed up for a weekly Quran workshop, by Ustazah Su’aidah Salim for the whole of Ramadan. The first session will begin on the first day of Ramadan. I am so looking forward to the session. I am also considering taking up other online courses here and I hope Allah will guide me closer towards the Quran. Ameen.

My reflections on Asma-Al-Husna will continue too, In-Sha-Allah. We have 29 days in Ramadan here. Three to four names per day, In-Shaa-Allah.

Duas. The most beautiful element in Ramadan – for me. Is your list ready? Mine is ready on a mental note. But maybe, by tomorrow, I should really have them written up. In-Shaa-Allah.


I took some time off this morning to pack these gifts for Ramadan for three people whom I knew for sure I would meet at work. A brother, an elderly auntie and a sister (a special sister she really is becoming, Alhamdhulilah). 

I pray that Ramadan greets us all in good iman and health. May Allah (S.W.T) give us all the strength and faith to make the most of this very blessed month. Ameen.

Abu Hurairah relates that the Holy Prophet, peace be upon him, said: "Allah, the Lord of Honor and glory says: All other deeds of man are for himself, but his fasting is purely for Me and I shall reward him for it. The fast is a shield. When any of you is fasting he should abstain from loose talk and noisy exchanges. Should anyone revile him or seek to pick a quarrel with him, he should respond with: I am observing a fast. By Him in Whose hands is the life of Muhammad, the breath of one who is fasting is purer in the sight of Allah than the fragrance of musk. One who fasts experiences two joys: he is joyful when he breaks his fast, and he is joyful by virtue of his fast when he meets his Lord" (Bukhari and Muslim).

No comments:

Post a Comment