Thursday 23 October 2014

In A New Space

Source: Internet
I have just started on a new role in my organisation. With so much technicalities involved in the way that this organisation operates, I am considered to be on new employment.
This means I have had to resign from my previous job and hired as a new entrant in the new role in a different team.

It sure has been a comfort zone; the team, the work, the job scope that I have been doing for a good meaningful seven years, Alhamdhulilah. But it was this very comfort level on my job that made me move – move on to take on different challenges.

In fact, I had long wanted to join this new team; Allah (S.W.T) has only made it possible for me now. I believe I was in a better position to secure this job at this stage, after the years of experience and knowledge in the organsiation. We, mankind, just make plans, ultimately, HIS plans for us are always greater and sweeter. SubhanAllah.

But they plan, and Allah plans. And Allah is the best of planners.
(Verse 8:30, Surah Al-'Anfāl)

The other sweetener in this new role is that I had decided to take steps to even find out if there was an opportunity in the first place, in the month of Ramadan this year. HE made the path easy, and by the time we were celebrating Eid-Ul-Adha, I had already accepted the offer. And started work two days after Eid-Ul-Adha. Alhamdhulilah.

Many have asked me why I decided to take on this role – which is likely to be time-consuming, with more assignments, projects and responsibilities. My reasons lie with the target group that we will be working with in this team. I will have a bigger opportunity, In-Shaa-Allah, to serve the community that I have always wanted to more directly – our Ummah.

AZ has given me his support, as always, and this matters most to me.

I hope Allah (S.W.T) gives me strength to find this new role more meaningful than what I have moved on from; while it is going to be hard work, I see them as doors to earn more rewards for the Hereafter, In-Shaa-Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment